Monday, April 28, 2008

Week 4: Not my favorite! Not by a longshot!

What we had heeyah wuz a failya to communicate! I got stuck in week 4 for two long weeks because of a misunderstanding. Facebook wasn't a problem; I already had an account. But I quickly got stuck in the Instant Messaging Morass. Everyone was talking at once at the "Catch-up" class, and I thought I heard that we had to establish multiple IM accounts, specifically, all the ones that were hotlinked on the Catch-23 wiki. Unfortunately, I had problems with all of the ones I tried, and got more and more frustrated by all the time this was eating up in my workday. So I abandoned it for a while. After another frustrating session today, I learned belatedly that all we REALLY had to do was to participate in an IM chat session with the reference librarian. Done! Now I can finally advance to week 5.

Today's lesson: Stop cursing the darkness, and just ask the Catch-23 team for clarification.

No comments: